It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: The State of GPA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:04 pm 
Hooked on Greyhounds

Hello my name is David Racz, and have been a member of GPA since about 2002, owned four hounds, and fostered even more.....I am more than upset right now, I am heartbroken by an organization that I have given money/time/donations/fostering/adopting to for over ten years……….while I may disagree with one thing they have done recently and expressed myself in what I thought was a respectful manner, it seems now that they feel it necessary to boot me from the GPA discussion group on FB, and the organization altogether……I have asked for an answer as to why I was booted, and three board members have seen the message/email, but have not replied, I did NOT want to take this to this forum, but GPA has given me little choice……just because a member disagrees with a decision they made, that person is booted from the group, and made to feel like they are no longer welcome in the GPA community? Can't a person disagree with with a decision the board made, and still be a contributing part of the organization?

David Racz
davidracz33@yahoo.com

Post subject: Re: The State of GPA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:09 pm 
Incurable Greyhound Addict

Not sure what the disagreement was about, but I hope our voices are heard. I will be following this. Jan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:09 am 
Borderline Greyhound Obsession

I hope this can be resolved. I can only guess what the issue is, but it would be terrible if we can not disagree without being disagreeable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:12 am 

Since not many people are on the forum any more, it will be interesting to see how long it takes for this to be removed.

I'm sorry you had a lousy experience, but I guess I'm not surprised.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am 
Hooked on Greyhounds

surprised it hasn't been removed already, and/or my access to this forum revoked, but I guess like you said no one reads the posts any more......if any of the board members would have seen it, I am sure it would have been removed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:14 pm 
Hooked on Greyhounds

To add to me post, my disappointment is not with all the other members who volunteer/spend money/adopt/foster greyhounds, it is with the board. Thank you everyone who puts volunteer effort into the organization, members and hounds appreciate it VERY much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 pm 

David-

Enough is enough already. I am one of the board members that did not reply to you when asked why you were removed from our Facebook pages.

You had an issue with a decision that was made regarding the puppies that were born in GPAs care. While I was not part of that decision, I took the time to research how the decision was made. I then provided you with the facts behind that decision. After I explained it to you, you carried on via Facebook Messanger for FOUR HOURS, after several times I had told you there was nothing more to really talk about. This was not the first time you brought a concern to me that I worked to address that you continued on harassing me about it. I have remained completely civil with you the entire time, but honestly, hours at a time of messages and being asked to stop is inappropriate.

You made Facebook posts and threatened that you would make Facebook posts that were inappropriate. We then removed you from that avenue of communication. Afterwards, you continued to send messages to board members at all hours of the night and morning. I understand you work odd hours, but messages at 1am, 2am, 3am and 7am are ridiculous.

You contacted a brand new adopter to “discuss the issues with GPA”. We were informed that there were issues in the past at GPA sponsored events. We have decided to keep those issues private. You have contacted other volunteers in some sort of attempt to “rally the base” about your precevied issues. Again, in order to try to protect the privacy of our volunteers, board members included, we removed you from our Facebook pages.

You were gently asked not to return to the kennel for issues that we have tried to keep private.

Enough is enough. This may be your final attempt to stir up some sort of ruckus, but you are treading on dangerous ground.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:40 pm 

Well there is a lot more to this then is being presented. You have not been a volunteer for the last 10 years, maybe prior to that. You just became involved again after 10 years because of the puppies. I have been a very involved volunteer for 10 years and never heard of you or seen you. A board member did spend 4 hours messaging back and forth with you but that wasn't good enough. So you decide to message me at all hours of the night (1am). We received many complaints about you from kennel volunteers, adoption reps and adopters. Being removed had nothing to do with questioning a decision that was made but the harassing and threats. Several volunteers voiced concern about you being at the kennel, and the safety of the dogs. I wish other volunteers wouldn't jump on the band wagon, bashing GPA when they don't know the whole story.

David if you want me to publicly post the reasons why just say the word and I will post here.