It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:19 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:53 am 
Hooked on Greyhounds

Just me again, bragging about my Greyhound as our 8th “gotcha day” anniversary arrives.

I have heard it said, that a dog does better when it has a job or knows what its job is. Whether that is helping catch food for the table, guarding the homestead, herding the flock, or getting its guardian out for exercise. This last one, has been what my Zack has done best. It is through our walks that he has taught me the most. The biggest lesson has been, that in our 24/7 world, that you have to stop and smell the roses. But in his case it has been a tree, a bush, or the yellow snow.

Some of these walks have begun as car rides. After getting him into the back seat I get into the front seat. I turn in my seat to yell at him “ZACK LAY DOWN”. But before I can even open my mouth, he licks me, and I calmly say “lay down” and he does! But there are times though that I can’t turn my head fast enough, and I get “wet ear willies”.

How can I even close this post without leaving my most favorite picture of him (even if it is a few years old):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:06 am 
Borderline Greyhound Obsession

Happy Gotcha Day Zack. You are looking good, hope your day was full of nice walkies.